Regarding the group discussion on themes / topics selected, I had a suggestion…
Instead of taking up complete topics for presentations during aioc/gsi, how if we take up topics and its subtopics on google group ?
Hw will it work ?
One thread for a subtopic is released every month on google group
.. inputs r invited frm the group, Preferred practices are asked for, comments on others inputs etc.
In physical meet then, we present the compiled inputs/ summary of the discussion.. further inputs may b asked for, frm those present
1. More contributions and inputs on virtual platform ( attendees in physical meets may not always b adequate, as we witnessed in Coimbatore )
2. We cn avoid spending time on covering large topics in limited time with a further limited time fr discussion. Use time more constructively.
3. Multiple small subtopics of a major topic may b covered during the period btwn 2 conferences.
4. Even if not physically present fr the IPGI meet, everyone ( a defined Paediatric glaucoma group ) cn hav an opportunity to participate/ contribute
5. It wll kp the momentum of the IPGI group on.. not just when aioc/gsi comes.
Further to my previous post, I may suggest an example :
Main thread on google group : Steroid induced Glaucoma
Subthreads per month or two months can be :
1. Incidence in your practice
2. Developing and maintaining a national registry : Your ideas amd inputs
3. How do you manage ?
4. Would you consider SLT as an option ? Pros and Cons
5. When would you operate and what is your surgery of choice in these pts?
6. Which steroid would you use post operatively ? What is your follow up protocol ?
7. Strategies to prevent blindness from SIG
Summary of each thread presented and discussed in physical meet.